CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
At BLOCS, we strive to create engaging boulders that encourage our climbers to play and explore movement. We are looking for a routesetter who can consistently set and forerun high quality and creative boulder problems on a variety of terrain. Good climbing technique and ability, an eye for detail, and excellent communication skills are required. Routesetters must be willing to learn and further develop routesetting and overall climbing skills.
This is a part time position (1-2 days/week) with availability to work special events, clinics, and competitions.
NOTE: Regular shifts are Sunday nights (6pm – 2am) and Wednesday days (10am-4pm), subject to change, and all year round. Availability for all shifts is required.
Must be 18+ years old to apply.
PRIMARY DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set and forerun the full range of boulder problems according to setting objectives
- Involvement in all daily route setting activities (e.g. hold stripping, washing, wall cleaning, maintenance etc.)
- Ensure staff and customer safety during route setting activities
- Organise, inspect, and maintain setting equipment, holds, and climbing wall
- Assist the head routesetter with various day-to-day operations and ongoing tasks
- Assist with general gym maintenance when needed
- Uphold gym safety standards and best practices
- Set for climbing competitions, clinics, and special events
- Respond to member/staff feedback on routes
- Previous route setting experience preferred
- Indoor and outdoor bouldering experience preferred
- Comp setting experience a plus
- Have a good understanding of climbing movement and technique
- Appreciates and values open, clear, and constructive communication and criticism
- Enjoys collaboration, supporting team members, and contributes to a welcoming and inclusive culture
- Climbing wall and equipment inspection and maintenance experience preferred
Please email cover letter and resume outlining work, climbing (outdoor, indoor, and competition), and setting experience to:
Selena Wong – email@example.com
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.