BLOCS is excited to announce that we have been given the go ahead to reopen in phase 2 of the Alberta relaunch plan. We are excited to climb with everyone again and can’t wait to see you all.
We are operating with a LIMITED CAPACITY of 44 climbers to ensure physical distancing, enhanced sanitation and hygiene, and comfort of our climbers. PLEASE READ BELOW for all our guidelines. We will continue to assess and adapt as we stay vigilant in COVID-19 prevention practices, and strive to minimize risk and make our facility as available as possible to our community.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!
CLIMBING AT BLOCS WILL BE DIFFERENT
- PLEASE STAY HOME if you or someone you are in contact with is unwell.
- DO NOT ENTER our facility if you are exhibiting symptoms, are a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19, or are required to self-isolate.
- You must complete the AHS COVID-19 Self-Assessment survey before entering. Please do not enter if you have any of the symptoms indicated in the survey.
ACCESS BY ONLINE BOOKING ONLY
- We will be using an online booking system to streamline facility access and reduce uncertainty and wait times.
- Bookings will be available 3 days in advance. Please book your time slot here.
- Please respect your booking time and arrive on time.
- Booking time slots will be 2 hours total, including check-in and exiting the facility.
- Booking end times are firm to maintain occupancy limits and assist with cleaning. Please begin packing up 15 minutes before the end of your booking time.
- Please wait outside until your booking time starts.
- Please do not gather or linger in the parking lot before or after your session. Please respect other’s needs for timely access.
ENTRY AND CHECK-IN
- To assist with ease of entry into the facility, interaction with staff will be limited to check-in processes ONLY during entry times.
- No transactions, inquiries, or account changes will be allowed during check-in.
- Please wait until check-in is complete for all other interaction with staff.
- Please line up outside the facility and maintain 2m physical distance prior to and during check-in.
- Please arrive ready to climb with minimal equipment.
- We will not be accepting cash until further notice.
FIRST TIME AT BLOCS
- Please fill out a waiver online before coming to BLOCS.
- Come dressed to climb. At this time, lockers and change rooms are closed.
- You will be given a gym orientation. Please wear a mask.
- To assist with maintaining our occupancy limit, please limit your time to 2 hours at BLOCS.
- Please scan your card at our check-out scanner on your way out of the facility.
- Wash/Sanitize your hands upon entry and exit, and as regularly as possible.
- Please follow all posted signs and markings.
- Cover your cough/sneeze with your elbow or a tissue. Put your used tissue in a wastebasket and clean your hands.
- Do not shake hands/hug/high five/come into close contact with others.
- Maintain 2m physical distance with everyone at all times.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wearing a mask (surgical, industrial, cloth, homemade, bandanas, buffs, etc.) is strongly recommended and greatly appreciated.
- Please do not share personal items (chalkbags, brushes, water bottles, etc.)
- Use of liquid chalk is recommended.
- Changing areas and lockers are closed.
- Please arrive changed and ready to climb.
- Bring only essential items.
- Showers and Foot Wash stations are closed.
- Water fountain is closed. Bottle fill station is still available.
- Please bring your own water bottle.
- Rental chalk and chalk bags are not available.
- Training area will be closed for 1/2 hour (3:00-3:30PM) for extra cleaning of the rubber flooring
- Limited exercise equipment in training area.
- Please bring your own bands, skipping ropes, etc.
- No high intensity aerobic training allowed in training area.
- Limited occupancy in certain areas due to physical distancing requirements.
- Please be respectful by limiting your time in these spaces.
- Please treat your time at BLOCS as a climbing session, not a workout session.
- Please limit your time in restrooms at check-in and when exiting. Please use facilities before arriving.
ENHANCED HYGIENE AND SANITATION
- Hand sanitizer available throughout facility.
- Regular, increased cleaning of high traffic and high “touch points”.
- Cleaning break between each booking group.
- We will have a limited fleet of shoe rentals available.
- Shoes will be sprayed with disinfectant after use and removed from our fleet for a minimum of 24 hours after rental.
- We encourage all patrons to download the ABTraceTogether app.
- If a confirmed case is reported, BLOCS will defer to Alberta health authorities to ensure appropriate measures are followed.
- If you begin experiencing symptoms, please continue to maintain 2m distance, inform a staff member, return home and take the Alberta COVID-19 self assessment tool.
- All memberships, unless frozen, were reactivated on June 12, 2020.
For more info on memberships, bookings, and our re-opening policies and processes, please visit our re-opening FAQ.