WELCOME TO BLOCS!
BLOCS is still open.
Based on the AB COVID-19 update on November 23, 2020 and the targeted public health measures, BLOCS will remain open.
With these new restrictions, we are implementing new measures to ensure we continue to meet and exceed the requirements.
While we were already operating at below 25% capacity, we have further refduced our capacity to 44 people to help ensure that everyone can climb comfortably.
We are also introducing a zone system to help with physical distancing. Zones have been taped out on the concrete floor with a max capacity of 5 people.
We ask that you do not spend all your time in one zone (especially around the new sets) to allow everyone a chance to climb.
PLEASE SPREAD OUT throughout the gym and maintain a 2m distance from anyone outside your household.
We appreciate everyone who has continued to support us throughout this time and all your efforts to comply with the regulations and our COVID-19 policies.
We are so thankful to still be open and will continue to endeavour to provide a safe space for our community.
PLEASE READ BELOW for all our guidelines.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!
We are continually assessing and adapting as we stay vigilant in COVID-19 prevention practices, and strive to minimize risk of spreading infection and make our facility as available as possible to our community. We thank you so much for your support, and appreciate your patience and understanding as we monitor and continually adapt to these challenging and uncertain times.
CLIMBING AT BLOCS WILL BE DIFFERENT
- PLEASE STAY HOME if you or someone you are in contact with is unwell.
- DO NOT ENTER our facility if you are exhibiting symptoms, are a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19, or are required to self-isolate.
- You must complete the AHS COVID-19 Self-Assessment survey before entering. Please do not enter if you have any of the symptoms indicated in the survey.
We are now open to everyone!
The number of people allowed in the gym will be limited to allow for physical distancing according to provincial guidelines.
We have also taped out zones on the concrete floor with a max capacity of 5 people to help with physical distancing. You may walk through these zones, but please do not stay if you exceed the max capacity.
The training area capacity will remain at 8 people.
Please spread out throughout the gym and do not spend your entire session in one zone.
As we monitor and assess the use of our facility and information from our federal and provincial health authorities, we will modify capacity limits.
Note: Membership and Punch pass sales are available online only. Click here to purchase.
- We are using an online booking system to streamline facility access and reduce uncertainty and wait times.
- Drop-In climbing is available at BLOCS before 5PM on weekdays. If we are below capacity and you show up in person, we will register you for the next available 2 hour time slot.
- To guarantee a spot at these times, we recommend booking your climbing session in advance.
- Bookings will be available 3 days in advance. Please book your time slot here.
- Please respect your booking time and arrive on time.
- Booking time slots will be 2 hours total, including check-in and exiting the facility.
- Booking end times are firm to maintain occupancy limits and assist with cleaning. Please begin packing up 15 minutes before the end of your booking time.
- Please wait outside until your booking time starts.
- Please do not gather or linger in the parking lot before or after your session. Please respect other’s needs for timely access.
- To assist with ease of entry into the facility, please limit interaction with staff.
- Please wait outside the facility and maintain 2m physical distance prior to and during check-in.
- Please arrive ready to climb with minimal equipment.
- To assist with maintaining our occupancy limit, please limit your time to 2 hours at BLOCS.
- Please scan your card at our check-out scanner on your way out of the facility.
- Wash/Sanitize your hands upon entry and exit, and as regularly as possible.
- Please follow all posted signs and markings.
- Cover your cough/sneeze with your elbow or a tissue. Put your used tissue in a wastebasket and clean your hands.
- Do not shake hands/hug/high five/come into close contact with others.
- Maintain 2m physical distance with everyone at all times.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wearing a mask (surgical, industrial, cloth, homemade, etc.) is required while in the facility, effective Aug 1st, 2020.
- Masks with valves, fleece masks, and bandanas are not allowed.
- Please do not share personal items (chalkbags, brushes, water bottles, etc.)
- Use of liquid chalk is recommended.
- Lockers and showers are closed.
- Please arrive changed and ready to climb.
- Bring only essential items.
- Water fountain is closed. Bottle fill station is still available.
- Please bring your own water bottle.
- Limited exercise equipment in training area.
- Please bring your own bands, skipping ropes, etc.
- No high intensity aerobic training allowed in training area.
- Limited occupancy in certain areas due to physical distancing requirements.
- Please be respectful by limiting your time in these spaces.
- Please treat your time at BLOCS as a climbing session, not a workout session.
- Please limit your time in restrooms at check-in and when exiting. Please use facilities before arriving.
- Hand sanitizer available throughout facility.
- Regular, increased cleaning of high traffic and high “touch points”.
- We encourage all patrons to download the ABTraceTogether app.
- If a confirmed case is reported, BLOCS will defer to Alberta health authorities to ensure appropriate measures are followed.
- Please remember to scan your card to check out.
- If you begin experiencing symptoms, please continue to maintain 2m distance, inform a staff member, return home and take the Alberta COVID-19 self assessment tool.