BLOC FIGHT 01
ARE YOU READY?
We’re excited to bring the BLOCS community a friendly competition series!
All abilities are welcome to join! Our friendly scramble format allows you to climb at the same time as other climbers, and watch and share beta.
5 boulder problems will be set for each category! And there will be sweet prizes from our amazing sponsors!
DATE: Saturday, November 26, 2022
Recreational, Intermediate, and Advanced: 2:00 to 4:45 pm
- 2:00pm Technical Meeting
- 2:15pm Climbing Starts
- 2:30pm Climbing Ends
Experienced and Open: 4:45 to 7:30 pm
- 4:45pm Technical Meeting
- 5:00pm Climbing Starts
- 7:30pm Climbing Ends
- 8:00pm Awards
FORMAT: Modified scramble
The competition will run in a modified scramble format.
- Competition problems will be set in a designated area in the gym.
- Each category will have a set of boulder problems to climb at their own pace during the competition.
- Competitors can decide when and in what order to climb their boulder problems.
We recommend that you sign up for your category based on the grades you climb at BLOCS in a single climbing session.
- Recreational (V0/V1 – BLOCS red tag)
- Intermediate (V2/V3 – BLOCS orange tag)
- Experienced (V4/V5 – BLOCS yellow tag)
- Advanced (V6/V7 – BLOCS green tag)
- Open (V8+ – BLOCS blue/purple tag)
COST: $25 (plus drop in fee, if applicable) +gst
PRIZES: Although the categories will not be gendered, top male and female of each category will be awarded prizes. Please choose which prize you would like to be considered for.
VOLUNTEER: Don’t want to compete, but still want to be involved? We’re looking for some judges to help out with the competition. No experience necessary! For more info or to sign up, please click on the volunteer link below.
NOTE: All climbers must have a facility waiver signed prior to checking in for the event. CLICK HERE to sign waiver online.
Space is limited, so register below! Registration is open up until the event.